MEDIATOON LICENSING, a simplified limited company under French law with capital of €100,000, listed in the Paris Register of Trade and Companies as number B 504 055 294, with its registered office at 57 rue Gaston Tessier - 75019 PARIS (France), is the publisher of the content and services accessible from this website (hereinafter "the Services"). This charter (hereinafter "the Charter") sets out MEDIATOON LICENSING's commitments in terms of protecting the personal data of internet users visiting this website (hereinafter referred to as "the Website"). The Charter also provides information on how your personal data is gathered and used and your related options. It may be amended by MEDIATOON LICENSING at any time, in response to changes or additions or to comply with any regulatory, case law, editorial and/or technical changes. Please refer to the latest version of the Charter, which can be accessed on our website, before browsing further.
Article 1 - What is your personal data?
Personal data is the information that identifies you as a physical person or enables you to be recognised directly or indirectlyt. It may be your surname, first name, date of birth, gender, postal address, email address, computer IP address, telephone number, payment card number, photo, videos, contact details, personal and confidential user name and password etc. commentaire indiquant vos coordonnées, identifiant et mot de passe personnels et confidentiels...
When you access our Services, you may be asked to supply personal data, for example if you:
- create a user account;
- order a product on the Website;
- communicate about Website products: comments, reviews, opinions, stars etc.
- download documents;
- subscribe to a newsletter;
- take part in any games/competitions that we are organising;
- respond to a survey;
- share a link or content from our Services with one of your contacts, etc.
You may need to provide this data to be able to use some of our Services.
The data is used to: :
- create and manage your account;
- enable you to use our Services;
- deliver the products that you have ordered on the Website;
- contact you to let you know if you have won any games/competitions;
- answer your questions;
- let you know about the Services that we are offering;
- compile statistics on how often the various parts of our Services are visited;
- enable us to comply with current legislation if you take part in any chat rooms that are moderated a posteriori (forums, opinions, any uploading of digital material etc.);
- identify abusive uses of our Services.
Article 2 - Who can use your personal data?
Your personal data is collected when you subscribe to our Services. It is intended for MEDIATOON LICENSING and may be disclosed to third parties under certain circumstances.
2.1. MEDIATOON LICENSING:
Your personal data is likely to be used by MEDIATOON LICENSING to:
- provide you with the Services for which you have registered;
- send you any useful information, using the contact details that you have provided;
- inform you of the terms under which our Services are supplied;
- acknowledge your questions, confirm that you have registered for a Service or that a Service has been provided or completed;
- update you about our Services and products, including services other than those to which you have subscribed and which may be of interest to you.
We will not use your personal data for this purpose if you inform us that you no longer wish to receive any, or some, of our offers, under the terms set out below.
Your personal data may be:
- disclosed by MEDIATOON LICENSING to its subsidiaries or to the subsidiaries of the group to which MEDIATOON LICENSING belongs, including those operating abroad, to enable you to access Services and for the activities mentioned above. Please note, however, that any foreign transfer will made in accordance with current legislation to guarantee you adequate levels of protection.
- forwarded to any data processing company that MEDIATOON LICENSING has, or may have, appointed as a subcontractor to perform any one of the activities listed above, given that your personal data will remain under MEDIATOON LICENSING's control and supervision.
2.2. Our partners, if you agree:
Des tiers pourront utiliser vos données personnelles seulement si vous l'avez accepté.
Third parties can use your personal data if you agree to this use of your data. If you tick the box asking if you would like to receive offers from our partners or if you actively respond to any kind of proposal by expressing your clear desire to receive such offers, your data will be forwarded to the partner(s) in question to enable them to send you its/their product and service offers, by email or SMS, as the case may be.
Any partner that has already been accepted may send you such offers until you inform it, under the terms set out by said partner, that you no longer wish to receive its offers by email or SMS, as the case may be.
These partners accept full liability for processing your personal data as soon as it is disclosed to them with your agreement. They are responsible for complying with current legislation and for considering your rights and possible requests.
2.3. Third parties authorised by law:
In certain circumstances provided for by law, your personal data may be forwarded to third parties who are legally authorised to access it upon specific request i.e. judicial authorities, administrative authorities, your Internet service provider, or a third party issuing a cookie stored on your device (an external advertising agency, another publisher etc.).
We may also need to disclose your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to protect and/or defend the rights of MEDIATOON LICENSING, to ensure compliance with these provisions or to protect your rights and/or interests or those of the general public, provided that such disclosure is authorised by law.
Should all, or part, of MEDIATOON LICENSING be sold to a third party, we reserve the right to transfer your data as an asset for sale or transfer.
Article 3 - How to access, amend and/or delete your personal data?
The law gives you the right to access, dispute and delete your personal data.
The simplest way to do this is by making an online request. You can access or amend your personal data or have it deleted:
- by completing the contact form: under "Contact".
- by clicking on a hypertext link designed for this purpose in the messages that we send you.
If you cannot access, amend or delete your information using these online tools, you can make your request by post to:
MEDIATOON LICENSING at 57 Rue Gaston Tessier - 75019 PARIS (France)
Your written request must be signed and accompanied by a photocopy of an identity document bearing the holder's signature. The request must state the address to which the response must be sent. You will receive a response within two months of the request being received.
Please note!You may, however, amend your choices at any time in your user account, under your preferences for receiving third party offers. If you amend this choice after having accepted third party offers, your personal data will no longer be forwarded to our partners once your request has been processed. Your request will not, however, have any retroactive effect on data transfers made prior to your request. You will need to contact the third parties in question direct in this regard.
Personal information must be supplied for the purposes of online sales, this information being vital for processing and sending out orders as well as for preparing invoices.
EIf you delete your personal data, you must be aware that you will no longer be able to access and/or order products on the Website.
Article 4 - How long do we keep your personal data?
subcontractor of its choosing strictly to fulfil its obligations and is kept for as long as is strictly necessary to achieve the ends for which it was collected, in accordance with current regulations.
Beyond this period, the data will be stored solely for statistical purposes and will not be used in any way.
Article 5 - How do we protect your information ?
Your personal data is gathered via a secure server. The secure server software encrypts the data supplied before it is sent to us. We also have security procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of your personal data, to prevent any unauthorised access to said data and to comply with French data protection law. For this reason, we may ask you to provide proof of your identity before we disclose any information or a private nature.
Article 6 - What is MEDIATOON LICENSING's policy on cookies?
Unless you decide to disable Cookies, you are agreeing that the Website can use them. You can disable these Cookies at any time, free of charge, using the disable options offered and listed below, in the knowledge that this may reduce or prevent access to all, or some, of the Services offered by the Website.
If you give your agreement when you register or subscribe or, having registered or subscribed, by amending your personal data online, your personal data may also be sent to the Website's third-party partners who will send you promotional messages.
6.2 What is a cookie and how is it used?
When accessing the Website, the browsing information for your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) may be recorded in text files known as "Cookies", installed on your browser. Cookies will be used to recognise your browser for as long as the Cookie in question remains valid. This cookie may be stored for a maximum of thirteen months.
Only the issuer of the Cookie in question can read or amend the information contained therein.
Certain Cookies are essential for use of the Website, others make it possible to optimise use of the Website and to customise the content displayed. Cookies make it possible:
- To measure and analyse the frequency with which the Website, its headings, content and the Services offered are used, thereby enabling us to conduct research and improve the interest and ergonomics of the Website and our Services,
- To save your browser's display preferences (language used, display settings, operating system used, etc.) and to adapt the way the Website is presented when you visit it, in line with the hardware and visualisation or reader software that your device uses to browse our Website.
- To store information relating, for example, to a form that you have completed or a service (registration, access to your account) or a piece of information that you have selected (subscribed services, contents of your basket).
- To enable you to access reserved and personal areas of the Website or our Services, so that the identifying or personal information previously supplied by you can be used to access confidential content, where applicable.
- To implement security measures..
- To limit the number of adverts displayed.
- To adapt the advertising content placed on the Website to suit your areas of interest and, possibly, to provide a location link (e.g. list of the nearest garden centres and promotions, list of magazine stockists).
- To adapt and send you adverts that are tailormade for you by means of electronic prospecting or in advertising space on your device containing cookies issued by us. This is all due to the personal data that you supplied when you registered or accessed, or used, one of our services and with which we link the Cookies that we issue.
- When you access a third-party website which has advertising space containing one of our adverts, this advert may be sent to you because one of the Cookies that we previously deposited on your web browser has been recognised. These cookies may be placed and used by our technical service providers.
6.3 Cookies deposited by third parties on parts of our Website
Our website is likely to contain Cookies issued by third parties (communications agencies, audience measurement companies, targeted advertising providers, etc.) allowing them, for as long as their Cookies are valid:
- to collect browsing data from browsers accessing our Website,
- to determine the advertising content likely to correspond to your areas of interest so that you can be sent targeted adverts in line with your browsing history as collected by the third party
6.4 Cookies incorporated in third-party applications on our Websites or Services
6.5 Sharing the use of your device with other people
If your device is used by several people or if a single device has more than one piece of navigation software, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts intended for your device will actually correspond to your specific use of said device and not to that of another user of the same device. It is your responsibility to choose whether or not to share your device with other people and how you wish to adjust the Cookies settings on your web browser.
- using your navigation software, or
- interprofessional platforms, or
- where you have the option, by clicking on one of the links listed below.
Please note: : unsubscribe is Cookie-based. Consequently, if you disable all Cookies on your device, or if you change device, we will no longer be aware that you have chosen this option.
* Managing your Cookies using your navigation software: You can configure your navigation software so that Cookies are saved on your device or are refused, either systematically, or by issuer. To find out about how to manage Cookies stored on your device, please consult your web browser's help menu, as well as the "Vos traces" section of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL - Commission Nationale de l'Informatique & des Libertés) CNIL (Commission Nationale de l'Informatique & des Libertés) website.
* How to set your browser:
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the "Alt" key
3. In the menu at the top of the page, click on "Tools" then "Options"
4. Select the "Privacy & Security" panel
5. In the drop-down menu to the right of History settings, click on "use custom settings for history"
6. Just below that, untick "Accept cookies"
7. Save your preferences by clicking on "OK"
Internet Explorer :
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. In the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options"
3. Click on the "Privacy" tab
4. Click on "Advanced" and untick "Accept"
5. Save your preferences by clicking on "OK"
Google Chrome :
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the tools icon in the menu bar
3. Select "Options"
4. Click on the "Advanced options" tab
5. In the drop-down menu "Cookies settings", select "Block all cookies"
1. Open Safari
2. In the menu bar at the top of the browser, click on "Safari", then "Preferences"
3. Select the "Security" icon
4. By "Accept cookies", click on "Never"
5. If you want to see cookies that have already been saved on your computer, click on "Display cookies"
2) Online management of your Cookies using interprofessional platforms: You can also connect to the youronlinechoices website, offered by digital advertising professionals brought together under the European Digital Advertising Alliance – EDAA, and operated in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You can also find out which companies are registered on this platform and give you the option to refuse or accept the Cookies that they use to adapt the adverts likely to be displayed on your browser according to the information that they have collected: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of digital advertising professionals and is a centralised interface enabling you to refuse or accept Cookies, as stated above. This procedure will not prevent adverts from being displayed on the websites that you visit. It will only block technologies that can adapt adverts to match your areas of interest. If you delete your Cookies, you will subsequently have to refuse them again. Likewise, if you use another Internet browser, you will have to refuse these Cookies again. For further information, consult the IAB France website and the Adobe Flash website.